Jorge E. Alvarino
Mr. Alvarino co-founded Horizon Properties with partner Joel E. Benes in 1995. As Partner, he is responsible for executive management functions and the administration of the sales staff and the direct marketing of the firms commercial properties including:
- Feasibility studies for commercial property development
- Due diligence assignments
- Redevelopment planning and marketing of turn-around projects
- Site selection
- Tenant representation for national, regional, and local tenants
- Development and implementation of pre-construction leasing plans
Prior to founding Horizon Properties, Mr. Alvarino was employed by Summa Properties in Miami for eight years as a Senior Commercial Real Estate Associate, where he performed duties similar to those he is presently carrying out with Horizon Properties. In addition, Mr. Alvarino served for three years as Real Estate Manager and Branch Manager with Carteret Savings Bank in Delray Beach.
Mr. Benes co-founded Horizon Properties with partner Jorge E. Alvarino in 1995. As Partner, he is responsible for all aspects of this full service real estate brokerage firm specializing in leasing, management, and sale of commercial properties.
Prior to founding Horizon Properties, Mr. Benes was employed by Summa Properties in Miami for three years as a Senior Commercial Real Estate Associate. In addition, Mr. Benes has worked in the field of Property Management prior to Horizon Properties for six years, managing a wide portfolio of properties including shopping centers, office buildings, and industrial warehouses. He also managed rental apartments during construction and completion, which duties included coordination of construction draws from lenders and day- to-day operation of the properties. Prior to his involvement in the property management business, Mr. Benes was active in the development of single family houses.
Jennifer D. Oskoian, SCSM
Director of Asset Management
Jennifer joined Horizon Properties in May of 2006. Her responsibilities include:
- Supervision of the Property Management Department managing Two million square feet of Retail Shopping Centers, Office Buildings, Condominium Associations and Industrial throughout Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach County.
- Management of New Construction and Renovation Projects from the bid process, selection of contractors, permitting, punch-lists, etc.
- Risk Management, Implementation of Emergency Action Plans that are specific to each property, and analysis of Landlord’s Insurance Policies to include processes and procedures to keep premiums at a minimum
- Supervision of Accounts Receivable to include preparation of the Annual Operating Expense Reconciliations and the prompt collection of the monthly rent.
- Leasing of Retail Shopping Centers and Office Buildings
- Negotiations and review of all Extensions, Assignments, License Agreements and Lease Agreements